If you are worried about your indicator of water quality and know water pitcher filters, you’ll also know well about Brita.
Brita has become a synonym for filtered water in the US for its great performance for more than 50 years.
Many brands claim their alkaline water filtering benefits and give better results than competitors.
Aquagear water supplies pitcher is one of them, which we found with great performance.
Maybe you have some doubts about their capability, features, performance, and quality.
Don’t worry; we have collected all this information and given it below in our article about Aquagear vs Brita water filter pitcher.
You can get detailed information and determine which type of filter is The Best Water Filter Pitcher 2021 for you.
So let’s get and reveal this information.
Aquagear Vs Brita General Specifications
The Aquagear pitcher is the best for maximum harmful contaminants remover.
It is manufactured in the USA with sustainability and durability in mind.
It keeps beneficial minerals like calcium and magnesium for clean water and great-tasting as bottled water.
Brita longlast everyday pitcher is the best in the lead removal performance that provides you with healthier clean water with the latest filtration technology.
It cuts the odor and taste of chlorine and gives a fantastic invigorated water taste for your need.
Brita filter pitcher is quick, powerful, and produces pure water at an economical price.
Aquagear and Brita Pitcher Design
Pitcher comparison chart.
|Height||10.9 in.||10.47 in|
|Width||5.5 in.||5.59 in|
|Length/Depth||10.9 in.||10.94 in|
|Item Weight||3.02 pounds||2.88 pounds|
|Capacity||8 cups||10 cups|
|Materials||BPA Free Plastic||BPA Free Plastic|
- The handgrip is user-friendly that uniquely designed for long-term use.
- Premium design made with BPA-free food-grade recyclable plastic for sustainability with health.
- The pitcher available with Height 10.9 \”; Width 5.5 \”; Length/Depth 10.9 \” and Weight 3.02 pounds.
- The Brita water pitcher filter fits well on refrigerator shelves. It has an easy-fill locking lid, making it easy to pour water.
- It is manufactured with food-grade BPA Free material recyclable plastic.
- Brita Longlast every day comes with a Height 10.47 in, Width of 5.59 in, Length/Depth of 10.94 in, and 2.88 pounds.
The customers have given many reviews about Brita filters related to design, which helps find the best from Aquagear or Brita pitchers.
- It may take a little longer to refill, but the larger capacity means you will fill less often.
- Aquagear safe water pitcher has an impressive filter capacity, and I have no biggest complaints or corrections after use for 6 months.
- The jug comes with its blend of filter media that eliminates impurities by 99%.
- User-friendly experience, you can taste the difference in your tap water after the filter. I like that Aquagear products are manufactured in America and have a recycling program.
- Aquagear 8 cup filter takes less than 3 minutes, and the pours spout feature allows hands-free water filling with amazing, safe water taste.
- I love the lid feature, making it easy to use and refill water. Finally, we found the best Aquagear filter pitcher with clean, crisp, great-tasting drinking water in the UK.
- It has a large capacity but is still compatible with the refrigerator door and dishwasher safe level.
- Aquagear pitcher is a great product and more effective, and I love effortless water filling.
- Sometimes, water spills everywhere due to a loose lid. So, hold it with both hands.
- Great water tastes with 10 cups of water capacity at an economical price and Best for Well Water.
- The pitcher truly has a very sleek look and gives invigorated water as well.
- The pitcher has a slim size and doesn’t take up much space. So, it is the best water pitcher for a mini-fridge.
- 10 cups of water capacity are perfect for our small-size family to fulfill our daily water needs.
- The pitcher has a sticker indicator that works to know when you need to replace the filter. That’s a great option.
- A pitcher is perfect for small families and looks nice on the dinner table. My unfiltered water is the best water pitcher filter for me.
- Easy to change the filter and looks good on the countertop.
- Perfect and comfortable handle, which I love, the only flaw being the “filter replacement sticker” that I don’t like much.
- Sometimes, I face the leakage issue with the pitcher.
How do they work?
How Does Aquagear Filter Work?
Aquagear water filter pitcher uses ion exchange resins and activated carbon to remove various chemicals and volatile organic blends that other filters cannot.
The purification process is combined with mechanical filtration, which traps microbial cysts like dust, sand, and bits of rust from your type of drinking water.
Aquagear has an upper reservoir that you need to fill with tap water. Then the unfiltered water flows through the filter and is stored in the pitcher.
After it has been filtered, you can pour it into a glass of water to drink or cook.
How Does Brita Filter Work?
Brita filters use activated carbon with ion exchange resin to purify your safe drinking water.
The company has not disclosed the exact process, but it can provide a good overview of how activated charcoal and ion-exchange filtering systems work.
According to the Filter Company, activated charcoal pores trap larger particles.
In turn, negatively charged carbon filters attract negatively charged ions from a smaller alkaline water range of contaminants. The mesh screen size determines the filter effectiveness.
The Brita company is a well-known manufacturer of standalone filters and installed treatment systems.
Standalone filters include dispensers and portable pitchers, fixed water filtration systems, and refrigerator and faucet filters.
Aquagear and Brita Features
|Filter Life Indicator||No||Sticker|
|Cleaning and Care||Hand wash||Hand wash|
|Water Quality Meter||No||No|
|Extras||Lifetime Warranty, 100% BPA-free, Recyclable||90 Days Warranty, 100% BPA-free, Recyclable|
Aquagear filter tested and made in the USA. So, you can trust its quality and 20x more harmful materials, lead, chlorine, zinc, and other dangerous contaminants removed than the competitors.
It has a lifetime guarantee with first-day customer support. The filter will replace any brakes free of cost.
Brita Longlast and Standard filters are compatible with all Brita pitchers.
The pitcher does not have an LED light indicator just has a sticker indicator that lets you know when to change the filter.
You can replace 1,800 single-use plastic alkaline unfiltered water bottled water in a year and reduce the plastic waste from the environment.
Aquagear and Brita Water Filtration
|Certifications||NSF 42, 53||NSF 42, 53|
|Filter Type||Lead/fluoride filter, Five stage filter with 2-micron pores||Activated carbon, Ion-exchange resin, Built-in mesh screens|
|Filter Life||150 gallons, 6 Months||Standard – 40 gallons, 2 Months Longlast – 120 gallons, 6 Months|
|Compatible Filters||Compatible with Aquagear Pitcher||Compatible with all Brita Pitchers except Stream Pitcher|
|Filtration Results||Chromium 6 – 99.4%, Chloramines – 99.9%, Mercury – 97.8%, Trihalomethanes – 99.0%, Chlorine – 99.9%, Fluoride – 90.57%, Lead – 99.9%, Arsenic – 99.8%, Benzene – 98.7%, Thallium – 99.9%, Nitrate – 97.6%, Nitrite – 92.0%, Chloroform – 98.7%, Heavy metal, Remove over 50 VOCs||Reduces chlorine taste and odor, Lead, Reduces copper, Reduces mercury, Reduces zinc, Benzene, Asbestos, Particulates, Reduces cadmium impurities, Additional Contaminants|
|Filter Not Remove||microbiological contaminants like bacteria and viruses||Barium, Arsenic, Coliform Bacteria, Chloramine.|
The filter is certified by NSF standards 42 and 53 for harmful contaminants removed from your tap water.
Aquagear water filter life span is effective and needs replacement filter after produce 150-gallons or every 6-month replacements.
Depending on your harder water quality, a filter may take 5 and 15 minutes to filter completely.
If you compare the Aquagear filter with Brita, you will find it is smaller than the Brita filters.
It is made from eco-friendly coconut shells and activated carbon media that removes chlorine and lead.
Aquagear NSF standards filter has ion exchange materials for heavy metals.
It has a long list of hazardous contaminants removal that distinguishes its competitors, including Brita.
What does the Aquagear filter NOT remove?
Now, this is important.
Use Aquagear filter only with treated hazardous contaminants from tap water like most pitchers because the filter it uses does not remove microbiological like bacteria and viruses.
Brita has two filters: Standard (White)and LongLast (Blue), certified with NSF 42, 53.
A filter takes approximately 10 to 15 minutes for both Standard and LongLast filters to fill water in the pitcher.
Brita Longlast and Standard filters can’t filter Barium, Arsenic, Coliform Bacteria, and Chloramine.
Standard filter – needs to change after 40 gallons or every 2 months and takes approximately 10 minutes to filter water.
They filter by sending water through a built-in mesh screen that blocks black carbon particles.
After that, the filter passes municipal water through activated carbon and uses absorption to decrease harmful contaminants.
Ion exchange resin reduces zinc, copper, heavy metal, and cadmium from your water.
LongLast water filter
Longlast filter works almost identically, but with a long life of 6 months and produces 120 gallons.
The filter uses pleated patented media and active proprietary basic filtration agents that can easily remove a high range of contaminants from tap water.
As per the customer’s reviews about municipal water basic filtration pitchers, which helps find the best from Aquagear or Brita pitchers.
- I have had the Aquagear filter for about 4 weeks, and no doubt that this is the best filter I have ever used.
- The filter works well, and I’m giving 5 stars in overall performance because this filter performs better than other higher-priced filters.
- I purchased an Aquagear water filter pitcher from Walmart to remove fluoride from my municipal water because I know that it is not good for infants before their teeth come in. This filter can remove fluoride and gives clean drinking water.
- Thanks to Aquagear for making a filter and picture that are economical and filter out maximum hazardous contaminants from my potable water. I always recommend this pitcher.
- The Aquagear filter works wonderful, but the pitcher has a terrible design compared to Brita and Zero water. You can’t know how close the potable water level is when filling the city water. The pitcher required two hands to operate during the water pour.
- Great Brita water pitcher. My pitcher doesn’t leak unless I overfill it! So, avoid the reviewers complaining about the leak issue.
- Looks perfect works excellent, and filters great. But you have to follow the Brita instructions for better results and avoid leak issues.
- It can easily make pure your tap or well water, and everyone should need one. A filter is easy to wash and gives a user-friendly experience.
- The filter can provide tasty water as packed bottled water.
- I have been a Brita satisfied customer for many years because Brita filters are more effective, easy to maintain, and the best water filter pitcher in the market.
Pros and Cons Aquagear
Pros and Cons Brita
Models & Upfront Cost
Aquagear is available in one popular model, a white and transparent light blue combination.
It makes a BPA-free plastic design with 8 cups of water alkaline water capacity.
The Aquagear water pitcher costs approximately $116 on 16/04/2021, which is less expensive than Brita’s.
Aquagear pitcher has a lifetime warranty, which is a satisfying point to get your money’s worth.
There are 15 types of pitchers in different colors and capacities right now.
All filters and pitchers are made with BPA-free recyclable plastic.
Brita’s price range is between $20 to $45,
depending on the size of the pitcher model.
The list of Brita’s available popular models in the market:
Ultramax Dispenser with Longlast Filter
Brita Stream Rapids Pitcher
Stream® Cascade Pitcher
Monterey with Longlast Filter
Ultraslim Stream® Dispenser
Metro, Soho, Pacifica, Space-Saver, Grand, Lake, Wave
Filter Lifespan & Replacement Costs
Find the best cost-effective replacement filter from the given information and get the best option from Aquagear or Brita.
It has just one filtered water cartridge option currently available.
Aquagear filter replacement costs around $40 to $50, depending on where you get it, and compare much higher than Brita’s LongLast filter.
Although, no doubt Brita is the better value for money with the same lifespan for over half the cost.
But you need to remember that Aquagear is more efficient in hazardous contaminants removal than Brita filters.
So, you can argue that you are spending extra cost for a more accurate water filtration pitcher work.
Standard – The filter replacement cost differs according to the filter type. Standard and Stream filter cartridges need to be every 2 months replacements.
The cost will be $6 to $7, depending on where you get them.
It will cost around $35 to $40 for a complete 12-month supply, which is affordable.
Longlast – LongLast water filters have a 6-month good lifespan, and the cost of a filter cartridge is around $17. It is a better deal than the standard filter.
The long last filter has three times more life than the Standard filter but doesn’t quite cost three times as much.
What is the point of use (POU) water filters?
POU system purifies your safe drinking water right where you use it, like an individual tap, shower, or faucet.
The purification technology removes harmful material pathogens from the cold water quality association through the POU filter.
It ultimately improves the cold water quality association. These filters are particularly useful in healthcare settings where patients might be immunocompromised.
Research shows that the filters reduce healthcare costs by blocking waterborne pathogens.
POU filters must be either sterilizing-grade (“absolute bacteria retention”) or microbially-rated (log reduction of bacteria).
We must test the POU filter according to the ASTM Standard F838, which involves testing the filter with a specific concentration of small bacteria to see how well it retains the organism.
POU filters typically have a rating of 0.2 microns or less.
When evaluating a POU filter, make sure you consider both the results from the ASTM F838 testing and micron size.
Not all filters are created equal, even if they have the same micron sizes.
Is Aquagear better than Brita?
Aquagear is superior in performance to Brita, but it’s up to you to decide if Aquagear will be better for you.
Brita is an attractive design for removing chlorine and improving the taste of tap drinking water.
This pitcher filter is perfect for municipal tap water, but it is not suitable for well water.
Brita Stream Rapids’ has filter-as-you-pour technology, making it a great option for those who don’t like waiting.
Other Brita popular models are perfect if you are looking economical best water filter pitcher for city water.
Aquagear is more effective at removing waterborne pollutants than other filters like Brita or Zero water.
Although the filter capacity is higher, the pitcher is comparatively more expensive than other options.
Aquagear is better if you are concerned about water contaminants.
Which beneficial minerals does the Aquagear filter add to the water?
Aquagear filters are designed to maintain healthy trace mineral content during the filtering process, such as calcium, magnesium, and potassium.
Other filters remove these healthy minerals and provide clean drinking water.
Which water pitcher is best for well water?
Filters are the most cost-effective and simple way to get a pure alkaline glass of water from your home well.
These are the two best options; after extensive research, you can get your perfect one from them.
1. Epic Nano The Best Drinking Water Filter Pitcher For Well Water
The best option is the Epic Nano water filter pitcher if you are concerned about contamination.
Multi-stage purification systems are as efficient as under-sink water filters and filter all hazardous contaminants from well water.
The pitcher is compact and has an ergonomic handle. However, you need to pay attention when pouring filtered water into the glass of water because of its design failure.
Water Filtration performance
Epic Nano water pitcher is the most efficient filter and unbeatable. It’s the best choice if dangerous contaminants from water are in your private well water.
- Heavy metals
- Organic chemicals
- Microorganisms include bacteria and viruses
- Chlorine bad taste and odor
- Solid particulate
2. Filtered Pitcher
The Filtered water pitcher is ideal with your house tap water.
It can be an excellent choice for well-water households because of the number of dangerous contaminants it removes.
It has a faster purification rate than Epic Nano, the pitcher is more costly, and the cartridges last a short time.
Water Filtration performance
The Filtered pitcher does not remove as many pollutants as Epic Nano, but you can still use it.
It can remove:
- Organic chemicals
- Cysts and bacteria (this pitcher does not remove viruses).
- Heavy metals
- Fluoride and chlorine
Should I buy Brita or Aquagear?
Ultimately, both Aquagear and Brita pitcher filters are proven great in their places.
Both filters are surely worth paying money on for their good causes.
Both filters come with attractive designs and are certified with Standards 43 and 54 to remove a wide range of common contaminants from water.
The Brita’s LongLast filter cost is less than half of Aquagear’s filter.
If you want value for money, you’ll find it with Brita.
Another side Aquagear offers maximum thorough hazardous contaminants extraction, making it worth spending the extra cash.
I hope you like this article and get valuable information on Aquagear vs Brita water filter pitcher.
If you want to improve some information, so please let me know.