Are you struggling to protect your family from harmful microorganisms and contaminants present in your water?
If so, you may be wondering which best UV water purifier system is for you?
This system uses ultraviolet light to kill bacteria and other harmful contaminants in water.
Whether you’re looking for something that’s small and portable or a large-scale system that can purify vast amounts of water, we have something for you.
So read on to learn more about UV water purification and find the perfect system for your home or office!
9 Best UV Water Purifier System 2022
- iSpring RCC7AK-UV, Under Sink Reverse Osmosis
- EXPRESS WATER UV RO Water Filtration System
- iSpring UVF11A Ultraviolet Light Water Filter
- iSpring RCC1UP-AK 100GPD Under Sink Reverse Osmosis
- CrazyCap 2.0 UV Purifier Water Bottle
- APEC Water Systems ROES-PHUV75 Essence Series
- SimPure Y7 UV Countertop Reverse Osmosis System
- Geekpure 6-Stage Reverse Osmosis System
- NU Aqua Platinum Series UV Water Filter System
1. ispring RCC7AK UV, Best 7-Stage Water Purifier System
The iSpring RCC7AK-UV is a high-quality, NSF-certified 7-stage Best RO system to remove arsenic and other contaminants in your water by up to 99% and provide you with a fresh, clean water supply.
The unit has been tested and certified by the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) to meet or exceed NSF/ANSI Standard 58 to reduce over 1000 contaminants.
It is one of the best UV purifiers available on the market today that provides better protection from contaminants.
The RO membrane of this iSpring RCC7AK-UV tests for its ability to produce healthy water in the presence of low levels of dissolved solids.
- Certified to NSF/ANSI Standard 58
- Removes up to 99% of contaminants, including Lead (Removes up to 98% of Lead), Chlorine, Fluoride, Arsenic, Asbestos, Calcium, and Sodium
- 7 Stages of UV Filtration provide a wide range of protection
- Remineralization Filter provides healthy minerals, a natural alkaline balance
- This UV water disinfection stage helps with well hard water and other unreliable water sources.
- Flow Sensor turns UV on and off automatically with water flow
- Clear transparent 1st stage housing makes filter inspection effortless
2. EXPRESS WATER UV Reverse Osmosis Filtration System
The EXPRESS WATER is the best UV Water purifier System fully integrated with 100% food-grade plastic for long life.
It perfects arsenic removal filter with up to 99% pure water while eliminating the contaminants in traditional tap water such as Lead, fluoride, and heavy metals.
You can use it for drinking and cooking purposes, it is equipped with a powerful UV light to eliminate bacteria and viruses.
It is the perfect UV water filtration system for the home and can remove up to 98% of chlorine, chemicals, and other contaminants from your tap water.
It can provide UV filtration from the source of your water, ensuring you are getting pure and clean drinking water.
- 2-Year Warranty
- Eco-Friendly, BPA Free Plastic Material
- UV Water Purification System
- Includes 3 Stainless Steel Sink Faucets
- Contains 1- Year Emergency Leak Stop Detector
- On-Demand Support From Expert Engineers
- Compact size for easy storage
- Includes Over 80% of drinking water filter components
- Alkaline filtration system to add essential minerals
- Under-sink UV system
3. iSpring UVF11A UV Water Filter
Introduce this product by explaining why it’s essential and what it does.
iSpring UVF11A Ultraviolet Light is important because it ensures that the water is clean and safe to drink.
It does this by killing any viruses or bacteria in the water. It has an intelligent flow control switch that saves water by turning it off when not being used.
The best part of this purifier system is that it comes with all the necessary equipment, including a 10-inch UV light, an inlet, and an outlet water tube.
It is the perfect choice for any home and is easy to install and maintain.
The size is effortless to use, and it’s a good price point. I disassembled the product, and the quality of materials is excellent.
- Inbuilt 11W UV lamp in a stainless steel water chamber
- Flow rate: 1.0 GPM
- Fit under the sink and reverse osmosis RO UV filter.
- The intelligent flow sensor switch turns on and off automatically with water flow, increasing the life of the UV lamp.
- Long-lasting: the lamp lasts 8,000 hours.
- 100% Satisfaction guarantee.
- Price: under $100.
- This product is reliable and affordable, making it perfect for any home.
4. iSpring RCC1UP-AK 100GPD Reverse Osmosis RO Drinking Filtration System
iSpring is a trusted name for infiltration and UV purification, with a full range of products to suit any home or small business.
It is the best filter for bacteria, viruses, cysts and protects your family’s health.
In addition to the iSpring under-sink family, this new model has a 100 GPD membrane and an alkalizing mineral cartridge to keep water tasting fresh and invigorating.
This model comes with a 7-stages that ensure your water is as pure as possible, giving you the ultimate in water filtration.
This water purifier has the best high-quality addition to the UV iSpring system family.
It will make your water more pure and clean than you could imagine, leaving you with the best tasting, safest water possible.
- 1st stage – PP Sediment 5-micron pre-filter removes dust, sand particles
- 2nd stage – Cag filter removes chlorine taste odor
- 3rd stage – CTO removes chloramines
- 4th stage – 100 GPD reverse osmosis membrane makes alkaline water
- 5th stage – Post carbon removes residual taste
- 6th stage – pH filter maintains water alkalinity
- 7th stage – UV lamp: 9W (110V), 476 hours of on/off time
- Flow Sensor Switch for UV Lamp: Automatically turns on/off with water flow
- Brushed nickel faucet and lead-free faucet and fittings
- Dimensions: 17 x 14 x 25.5 inches
- 1-year limited warranty
5. CrazyCap 2.0 UV Water Purifier & Stainless Steel Insulated Water Bottle
CrazyCap is a highly effective UV water purifier that can clean an unlimited amount of water and works like a self-cleaning system.
It’s effortless to use and works in literally 3 steps: fill, let stand for 5 minutes and drink! It’s lightweight, durable, and reusable, and you can use it with any utensil, even your cooking pot.
This water bottle is perfect for hiking, camping, outdoor activities, travel, and survival.
It is available in different colors and two sizes and comes with a 100% lifetime satisfaction guarantee.
CrazyCap 2.0 UV Water Purifier & Insulated Water Bottle – turns any water source into clean drinkable pure water.
- It does water disinfection with a UV lamp on the cap
- Self-cleaning bottle technology
- Lightweight, durable double-walled stainless steel insulation
- Perfect for hiking, camping, and outdoor activities.
- It is the best UV water purifier for backpacking option available in multiple colors.
- The system comes with an impressive limited lifetime warranty.
- Use the UV light on the cap to purify water by standing for 5 minutes.
- This bottle is ultra-lightweight and durable.
- It’s made of the highest quality stainless steel that
6. Best APEC ROES-PHUV75 UV Water Purifier Essence Series System
APEC Water RO has a 7-stage and perfect as well water UV purification system that uniquely combines alkaline mineralization ultra-violet sterilization.
Using the APEC Essence Series, you can improve your drinking water effortlessly while saving money, time, and water waste in the process!
The UV system works by filtering your tap water through a 5-micron pre-carbon block to remove dirt, debris, rust, heavy metals, and other sediments.
The best Reverse Osmosis passed filtered water through an ultra-violet sterilization chamber to kill bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms while preserving the natural minerals found in your water.
Lastly, the water is then alkalinized with a definitive treatment of potassium iodide and sodium iodide to raise the pH of the water and give it a fresh taste.
- The APEC water treatment uses a Smart-Touch controller to help simplify your UV disinfection experience.
- It uses a five-stage UV filter system, including a pre-carbon block filter to reduce chlorine, sediments, and other contaminants.
- Uses UV light to kill bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms in the water.
- The system then alkalinizes your tap water with a calcium cartridge that raises the pH of your water while also adding beneficial minerals.
- Purity of water tested to ensure high-quality drinking water
- Safe and optimal water
- Made in the USA
7. SimPure Y7 Countertop the Best UV Water Purifier System
The SimPure Y7 UV water Filter is your best apartment RO solution for getting cleaner, healthier, better-tasting water that wastes less.
Using our patented 4-stage system, the Y7 removes contaminants like chlorine, heavy metals, fluoride, and bacteria to make your water cleaner than bottled water.
The UV light sterilizer kills deadly contaminants like E. coli, salmonella, and cholera. At the same time, the built-in water-saver button lets you control your water consumption.
Sourced, designed, and assembled in America, the Y7 has high-quality components that deliver a lifetime of high performance.
The Y7 takes all of the problems with bottled water and eliminates them in an easy-to-install countertop UV system.
The best UV purifier system comes with a 99.99% lead removal rate and a 45-gallon capacity; the Y7 makes the water you drink from your tap safer, tastier, and cleaner.
- 4-stage UV filtration: 1 Micron Sediment Prefilter, 1 Carbon Filter, 2 RO Membrane Filters
- 99.99% Lead Removal
- Adjustable flow control valve
- Automatic flush-out technology to prevent bacteria growth
- Auto shut-off when the pure water tank is empty
- Built-in water-saver button to control purified water output
- Removable RO membrane filters – easy to replace and maintain
- Built-in water level indicator window – easy to see the pure water level
- Energy-efficient UV light sterilizer for pure water
- 100% lead-free USA Made polycarbonate housing
- In-house design and assembled in Seattle, WA USA
- 100% recyclable packaging – easy to disassemble for recycling
8. Geekpure 6-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System
Welcome to the Geekpure 6-Stage Drinking Water Filter System!
It has been designed with you in mind—our goal at Geekpure is to provide you with the ultra-premium purified water that your body deserves.
The Geekpure UV water softener is a true, tried, and tested solution to pure water needs.
It comes equipped with an easy-to-use control panel to automate all your UV disinfection needs.
Our industry-leading Geekpure backs the Geekpure RO System.
Geekpure 6-Stage UV purifier system with U-V Filter-75GPD that kills harmful bacteria, viruses, cysts, and other microorganisms to provide you with a clean water supply.
This product comes with a one-year warranty.
- Removes up to 99% of 1000+ contaminants
- Made with high-quality components, it ensures the highest reliability
- including arsenic,chlorine,lead,fluoride,mercury,cadmium and heavy metals.
- Filters down to 0.0001 micron
- Last 9000 hours, works night and day, 24/7
- High quality quick connect fittings,
- color-coded tubing for installation
- Installation with clear, well-organized instructions within a couple of hours.
- The intelligent size ensures pure water every time
- 1-year manufacturer warranty and no need for registration
- It provides a 1:2 ratio of pure water and wastewater
9. NU Aqua Platinum Series 100GPD Water, Best UV RO Purifier System
Suppose you are looking to get clean drinking water for your family.
In that case, there’s no better way than getting a NU Aqua Platinum Series High Capacity 100GPD 7-Stage UV and Alkaline RO with Booster Pump.
This product uses a top-grade 7-stage UV purification technology, using filter media made from dense coconut shells to remove up to 99% of harmful contaminants.
The result is clean, odorless water with reduced corrosiveness.
The booster pump speeds up the filtering process when your water pressure isn’t strong enough to create a steady flow.
Most people will only ever need the standard UV filter.
Still, suppose you think your water may be dirty. In that case, you might consider getting an additional 4-stage fluoride filter or a sediment pre-filter in your purifier system.
The UV Sterilization Stage uses high-power UV rays to kill bacteria and viruses in the water while neutralizing heavy metals, pesticides, and other elements.
- Removes heavy metals for healthier drinking water
- Requires no electricity or maintenance work
- Great tasting, natural tasting water
- A bottle-less UV water filter removes chlorine, sediment, cysts,
- 99% of chlorine from tap water for clean-tasting.
- 7-stage house water filter with silver infused block carbon
- Built-in Alkaline filter to increase the pH balance of the water, enhance the taste, and increase antioxidant levels.
- Built-in UV Sterilization Stage kills harmful bacteria and viruses in the water.
- Removes 99% of chemicals and heavy metals found in tap water for healthier water.
- The UV system comes with a 5-year warranty
- 100gpd flow rate
What is Ultraviolet Radiation?
Ultraviolet Radiation is electromagnetic radiation with a wavelength shorter than visible light but longer than X-rays, in the range of 10 nm to 400 nm, and energies from 3eV to 124 eV.
Sunlight is a typical example of ultraviolet radiation.
UV Radiation divides into three bands: erythemal, UVB, and UVC.
The erythemal band is from 400 nm to 320 nm, the UVB band is from 320 nm to 280 nm, and UVC is from 280 nm to 100 nm.
How Do Ultraviolet Water Purification Systems Kill Bacteria And Viruses?
The UV disinfection systems use ultraviolet light bulbs to irradiate and kill bacteria, viruses, protozoan cysts, and other organisms.
Although the processes are different, ultraviolet systems all work on the same concept.
First, water is passed through a chamber where it comes into contact with an ultraviolet light bulb (which emits UV rays).
The UV purification system will next use pumps to force the water at high pressure through small openings in the front of this chamber.
As their nickname implies, these small openings are called “ultraviolet lamps,” and it is through them that the water passes.
Ultraviolet water purification systems work on the principle that ultraviolet light is harmful to microorganisms, including bacteria and viruses.
When a pathogen comes into contact with ultraviolet light, it absorbs that energy. It is then either killed outright or damaged enough to be rendered harmless.
Things to Consider When Purchasing the Best UV Water Purifier System
Water quality is just as important as the quality of any water filtration system.
If you buy a home UV water purifier, water quality is essential.
However, suppose you buy a portable UV purifier for your workplace or business. In that case, the water quality of the place may be as important.
Your water quality directly affects the quality of your water filtration system.
Along with the UV lamp wavelength, the house water filter needs to match the contaminants and impurities in your water.
Suppose you have very high levels of impurities or chemicals. In that case, you will need a more complex UV water filter system.
The warranty on each ultraviolet water purifier varies depending on the brand, so it is essential to know how long you will be covered.
UV light bulbs are the most common part to break, so it is essential to know your UV purifier comes with a warranty for the bulb’s life or not.
With most UV filtration, the warranty will cover the water tank and any other parts that are not replaceable.
If you can’t afford to purchase a new ultraviolet water filtration system right away but can afford to buy a new bulb, it might be worth finding out if the company offers a separate warranty for the bulb.
The flow rate of your water filtration system is the amount of water that passes through in one minute.
If you have a high flow rate, you will need to replace the ultraviolet light bulb more often.
The ideal flow rate for a home ultraviolet water purifier is between 2 and 3 gallons.
With the wattage on the ultraviolet water filtration system varying from 5 watts to over 200 watts, you need to know how much electricity your best UV water purifier consumes.
Since Reverse Osmosis purifiers work best by exposing water to ultraviolet light for a specific time, wattage is essential.
If you have a high flow rate, your ultraviolet light bulb will need to be more powerful.
Your ultraviolet light bulb can be less potent if you have a low flow rate.
Your water purifying needs
Ultraviolet light is most effective when very high amounts of contaminants are in the water.
If you have low impurities in your water, you do not need complex water treatment.
Suppose you have issues with your home’s plumbing and have chemical contamination through your water. In that case, you will need a more complex filtration system.
If you do not have issues with your water, then a simple home UV purifier system will work just fine.
Advantages of UV Water Purification system
There are many advantages of a UV disinfection system. Some of them are listed below:
- You don’t need chemicals in the process; you only need UV radiation.
- The method uses less energy.
- UV radiation does not react with the water molecules or other contaminants, so there is no secondary pollution.
- The water purification plant is compact and occupies less space.
- It is an effective process for water treatment of secondary wastewater from industries, tanneries, etc…
- The end product, i.e., purified water, is free from microorganisms and odorless.
- UV radiation does not affect water quality and does not produce any harmful by-products.
- The operation and maintenance cost is significantly less than other UV purification processes, i.e., filtration, distillation, and ozonation.
Limitations or UV Water Purification Disadvantages
- NEED FOR ELECTRICITY TO WORK: UV water purification systems need electricity to work.
- WATER DEPOSITS ON THE LENS: Cleaning deposits on the UV lens requires the use of a dirty cloth.
- DO NOT REMOVE ALL IMPURITIES: It can remove bacteria and viruses, but they do not remove all impurities found in water.
- WATER TEMPERATURE: If the water is too cold or too hot, then the efficiency of the UV system decreases.
- NO STORAGE TANK OPTION: One main disadvantage of UV water purifier systems is that they do not have a storage tank for treated water.
- NO UV LIGHT SHUT-OFF: Another negative aspect of a UV water system is that there will be no light to generate the UV rays if the power goes out.
- WATER NEEDS TO BE PRE-FILTERED: Pre-water filtration is necessary for the UV purifier system.
Maintenance Tips for Home UV Water Purification Systems
While every UV water system will come with manufacturer recommendations included in the literature and guides for operation and maintenance; you could follow Reverse Osmosis instructions to get excellent performance:
- Clean the lamp every six months (or as advised by your manufacturer).
- Use a UV light bulb replacement when you notice flickering or dimming the light.
- Clean any pre-filters after turning brown (usually after about 1 month).
- If you have hard water, you may need to replace the resin every six months.
- Clean the post UV filter after turning black (usually around 1 year).
- If your water is very soft, you may need to replace the resin every year.
- Check your flow sensors regularly by running plain water through the cleaner. If you notice the flow meter bearing an incorrect reading, contact us immediately to make an appointment for service.
- Make sure your UV air cleaner is vented to the outside of your house. Check with your manufacturer’s literature or contact the manufacturer if you’re unsure.
Quite a few water filters buzz in the market; it’s advised to choose one with many benefits and that is easy to use.
Only for this purpose, we’ve created a valuable article on UV machines and hope it will help you in the long run.
Those confused about the system can get the best UV water purifier system in 2022. I’m sure the article is going to be worth your while.