If you have an ice machine, you know how important it is to have a good water filter.
It will remove impurities from the water and make your ice taste better.
There are a lot of different water filters on the market, so it can be hard to choose the right one for your ice machine.
We’ve put together a list of the top 9 best water filter for ice machine in 2022.
We’ve also considered filtration performance, price, and customer reviews to develop this list.
So if you’re looking for a new filter for your ice machine, check out our top 9 picks below.
Top 9 Best Water Filter for Ice Machine In 2022
- Watts Inline Water Filter 20,000 Gallon Capacity
- 3M Water Filtration for Commercial Ice Maker Machines
- AQUACREST GXRTQR Inline Water Filter, NSF Certified
- EcoPure EPINL30 is the best inline ice machine and Refrigerator Filter
- Pure Inline Water Filter Kit for refrigerator and Ice Makers
- Inline Water Filter, Membrane Solutions with Replacement Cartridge
- LASCO 37-1833 perfect Ice Maker Filter with Kit
- Woder WD-10K-ADV-JG Ultra High power Inline Water Filter
- SUB-ZERO 7012333 UC-15 Ice Maker Water Filter
1. Watts Inline Water Filter for refrigerator, Ice Maker
The Watts Inline filter is a great choice for reducing bad tastes, odors, chlorine, and sediment in your drinking water.
This filter is compatible with all water supplies using 1/4 inch lines and easily connects to your existing plumbing.
It comes with two 1/4 inch brass connectors and one 10″ KDF Inline Filter.
The NSF Listed, Certified by WQA to nsfansi standard 372 Lead-Free and nsfansi Standard 42 filter need replacement after every 6 months or 20,000 gallons.
The Watts Inline Water Filter is a great choice for a water dispenser with an ice maker for anyone who wants great-tasting drinking water.
This filter is easy to install and use, and it will remove impurities from your water to make it taste better.
The filter is also certified by the WQA to be lead-free, ensuring that your water is safe to drink.
- Removes bad tastes, odors, chlorine, and sediment
- Compatible with all water supplies using 1/4 inch lines
- Easily connects to existing plumbing
- It comes with two 1/4 inch brass connectors and one 10″ KDF Inline Filter
- It can remove sediment, contaminants, and other particulates for better-tasting drinking water
- WQA to NSF/ANSI 372 certified for Lead
2. 3M Water Filtration is The Best Water Filter for Ice Machine
The 3M Water filter is a great choice for reducing sediment, chlorine taste and odor, cysts, and scale in their water.
This filter is certified by NSF to reduce these contaminants and has a built-in scale inhibitor to help extend the life of your commercial ice machines.
The valve-in-head design makes cartridge changes quick and easy. There is no need to shut off the municipal water supply.
So if you’re looking for a filter that can help improve the taste and quality of your ice, the 3M Water filter is a great option.
- The filter can effectively reduce scale, sediment, cysts, chlorine
- Certified by NSF to reduce contaminants
- Built-in scale inhibitor
- Valve-in-head design for easy cartridge changes
- Not required to shut off your water supply
- Less downtime
- Great tasty ice
3. AQUACREST GXRTQR Inline NSF Certified Water Filter
The AQUACREST filter is a high-quality product designed to remove impurities from your water.
It includes contaminants such as chlorine, fluoride, and limescale.
The product is also designed to protect your appliances from limescale buildup and extend their lifespan.
This filter is an affordable and effective way to improve the quality of your water pressure.
It is perfectly designed for ease of installation and use. I highly recommend this product.
The AQUACREST GXRTQR, Inline Water Filter, is a great choice for anyone looking to improve the quality of their water pressure.
- Reduces chlorine, fluoride, and limescale
- Protects appliances from limescale buildup
- Extends the lifespan of appliances
- Affordable and effective
- Replaces GE GXRTQR filter
- Perfect for GE GXRTQ water filtration system
- Replacement for Bita inline water filter
4. Ecopure EPINL30 Best Inline Filter for Ice Machine And Refrigerator
The EcoPure present in this refrigerator filter is an excellent way to have both clean and tasty ice.
This filter will last for five years and can easily be installed with its fittings.
A filter eliminates your water’s sediment and chlorine taste and odor with a robust design.
The refrigerator filter is also designed, engineered, and assembled in the USA.
EcoPure has done an excellent job creating a product that is easy to install and eliminates impurities in water.
This filter is a great choice for anyone who wants clean and fresh-tasting ice.
- 5-year filter life
- Eliminates sediment and chlorine taste and odor from water
- Easy installation with fittings included
- Designed, engineered, and assembled in the USA
- Economical choice for a quality filter
5. Pure Inline the Best Water Filter For Ice Machine With Tubing
The Pure Inline Water filter kit is an excellent choice if you want to improve the quality of your ice and water while also protecting your machine.
It comes with everything you need, including a T-adapter, to easily connect it to your ice maker.
The filter cartridge has a high capacity and is made in the USA.
It’s also backed by a lifetime warranty on all parts, except the filter cartridge.
The system can improve the taste of your ice and water by removing chlorine and reducing odor-causing elements.
It also helps to reduce corrosion and scale, which can increase the life of your machine.
You get detailed instructions with the filter that is easy to follow.
- Removes chlorine and reduces odor-causing elements
- Increases the life of your machine
- Comes with all required parts
- PWI-CE kit includes a T-adapter
- Compatible with various ice maker models having 1/4″ line water tubing
- Included PureWater filter cartridge
- Filter lasts up to 1,500 gallons or one year
6 Inline Water Filter for Refrigerator, Ice machine, water dispensers
The Inline Water Filter from Membrane Solutions is a high-efficiency, coconut-based carbon filter that removes chlorine, bad taste, and odors from drinking water.
This house water filter is compatible with NSF 42 certification to ensure your home’s water is healthy and 100% safe.
The quick-connect design makes installation a breeze. We can use the long-life filter to be used in various applications.
The Inline Water Filter is an activated coconut shell carbon filter that is BPA-free and food grade.
The coconut-based carbon has high adsorption qualities, removing chlorine, bad taste & odors to improve the taste of drinking water, making it much fresher, crisper, and more pleasant.
Its Inline water filter is installed in any 1/4 -inch, widely used for Refrigerators, Coffee Makers, Drinking Water Fountains, Sink Faucets, RV, Campers, Ice Makers, bottles water Coolers, RO Water Systems, Beverage Equipment, and Boats to provide a better water quality.
- Compatible with NSF 42 certification
- High-efficiency activated coconut shell carbon
- Removes chlorine, bad taste, and odors
- Quick-connect design for easy installation
- Long-life filter
- BPA-free and food grade
- 1/4-inch connection
- Universal compatibility
7. LASCO 37-1833 Comes With an Installation Kit With Inline Ice Maker Filter
The LASCO 37-1833 In-line Ice Maker installation kit with filter is an excellent choice for a quality house water filter for their ice production machine.
This kit includes a filter, mounting bracket, and two supply lines made from braided stainless steel.
It also comes with all the necessary fittings to make installation a breeze.
Use this filter to remove impurities from your water and improve the taste of your ice.
It can also filter up to 900 gallons of water before need replacement.
With its quality construction and easy installation, the LASCO 37-1833 Inline filter is a great choice for anyone looking for a quality house filter for their ice machine.
It’s perfect for those looking to remove impurities from their water and improve the taste of their ice.
- It comes with an installation kit with a filter
- Includes a filter, mounting bracket, and two 1/4-inch compression braided stainless steel supply lines
- The filter comes with all necessary parts to install
- Can filter up to 900 gallons of water before replacement
- Great for anyone looking to improve the taste of their ice
8. Woder WD-10K-ADV-JG Ultra High Best Water Filter for Ice Machine
The Woder WD-10K is a high-quality water filter made in the USA and fits all 1/4″ plastic flex tubing.
It removes lead, chromium 6, heavy metals, odors/contaminants and is WQA certified to NSF/ANSI 42 for chlorine, taste, smell, and NSF/ANSI 372 lead-free compliance.
It also has an advanced filtration technology that removes 99.9% of contaminants while maintaining essential elements.
The WD-10K has a flow rate of 3GPM and an ultra-high capacity of 10,000 gallons.
It is easy to install with no plumbing required and economical with a low price and long life.
The Woder WD-10K is the perfect filter for your ice machine!
- Made in the USA
- No plumbing is required
- 2 John Guest easy connect fittings
- Fits all 1/4″ plastic flex tubing
- Removes Lead, chromium 6, odors/contaminants, chlorine, heavy metals
- WQA Certified to NSF/ANSI 42 for chlorine, taste, odor
- NSF/ANSI 372 for lead-free compliance
- Advanced filtration technology
- Maintains essential elements
9. SUB-ZERO 7012333 Water Filter for Ice Maker system
The SUB-ZERO filter is one of the best water filters for commercial ice machines.
This filter is authentic and certified by the manufacturer. It will reduce the sediment and chlorine taste in your ice while also inhibiting scale growth.
This product provides up to six full months of performance, based on water quality and usage, making it a great value.
Suppose you are looking for an excellent water filter for your ice production machine. In that case, the SUB-ZERO filter is a great option.
- The filter can reduce chlorine taste and sediment while inhibiting scale growth.
- Impressive six full months of performance
- Genuine OEM Product
- Great performance
What Should You Consider Before Buying Inline Water Filter For An Ice Maker?
If you are in the market for a quality water filter for your commercial ice machine, then any product on this list would be a great option.
However, there are a few things to keep in mind when making your purchase.
Quality of the water
The first thing to consider is the quality of your water.
If you have hard water, you will want to choose a filter designed to remove scale.
If you have chlorine in your water, you need to select a filter designed to remove chlorine.
Hard water and chlorine are not the only impurities found in water.
Many other impurities can affect the taste and quality of your ice.
So, it is important to choose a filter designed to remove as many contaminants as possible.
Another important consideration is the flow rate of the filter.
The higher the flow rate, the faster we can use the water will be filtered.
If you have a high demand for ice, you will want to choose a filter with a high flow rate. It improves the quality and taste of the ice.
The higher the capacity, the longer the filter will last before it needs to be replaced.
If you have a high demand for ice, you will want to choose a filter with a high capacity.
You can also find inline water filters that have a built-in shut-off valve.
It is a great feature to have if you want to be able to filter your water without having to turn off your commercial ice machine.
Type of inline filter you need
The type of inline filter you need will depend on the kind of ice machine filter. If you have a countertop ice machine, you will need a countertop inline filter.
If you have a built-in ice machine, you should select a built-in inline filter.
These filters are available in various sizes, so be sure to choose the one that is the right size for your ice machine.
Some inline filters are easy to install, while others require a professional.
If you are not handy, you will want to choose an easy filter capacity to install.
There are many different brands and models of inline water filters. So, it is essential to do proper research to find the perfect one for you.
Price is always a consideration when you make a purchase decision of filter.
The filters price list is from around $30 to $200. So, there is a filter capacity for every budget.
But before purchase, you always want to make sure that you are getting a quality product.
So, read reviews to understand what other customers think of the product.
Inline water filters require regular maintenance to keep them functioning properly. Most filters need to be cleaned every few months or so.
You need to read the instructions carefully to learn how to maintain your filter properly.
Most filters have an impressive lifespan of six months. So, keep track of how often you need to replace your filter.
What Are the Advantages And Disadvantages Of Your Best Water Filter For Ice Machine?
- Water dispenser filters can remove impurities from your water, making your ice taste better.
- A good water filter will also extend the life of your ice machine.
- Water filters can help reduce lime buildup, which can cause your machine to run less efficiently.
- It will also keep your ice maker from becoming contaminated with bacteria.
- Water filters are relatively affordable and easy to install.
- Some water filters can remove up to 99% of impurities from your clean water.
- If you don’t change your water filter regularly, it can become clogged and ineffective.
- Some water filters can be difficult to install.
- Water filters will not remove all impurities from your water.
- Some water filters can be expensive.
- If you do not have hard water, a water filter may not be necessary.
So, these are some of the advantages and disadvantages of using a water filter for an ice maker.
I hope this helped you decide whether or not to use a filter for your ice machine.
Where to Use the Inline Water Filter?
The best inline water filter can be installed anywhere along the waterline, between the water source and the ice machine.
It is important to establish the water filtration system as close to the ice machine as possible to ensure that the ice is of the highest quality.
You can also use the inline water filtration system with other water appliances, such as coffee-makers or refrigerator water filters.
These filters provide cleaner, great-tasting tap water for drinking and making ice.
How to Install Inline Water Filters for Ice Maker, Refrigerators?
- Turn off your municipal water line to the ice machine.
- Open the faucet and let all water drain out of the lines.
- Remove the old water filtration system from the ice machine if there is one.
- Install the new best inline water filter capacity into the ice making system.
- Turn on the tap water supply to the ice machine filter and let the water run for a few minutes to flush out the lines.
- Close the faucet and restart the ice machine.
- Check the filter for leaks.
The installation process is very similar if you use a refrigerator water filter or coffee maker.
How Long Can Inline Water Filters Last?
Most inline water filters will last for about six months before they need replacement.
However, this will vary depending on the type of filter and the quality of your tap water.
It is important to change your filter regularly to ensure it works properly.
When your water quality is poor, or if you have hard water, you may need to replace your filter more often.
How to Care For And Clean Ice Machine Water Filter?
It is very important to keep your ice machine water filter clean if you want it to work properly.
Here are some tips on how to care for and clean your machine water filter:
- Remove the filter from the system and clean it with warm, soapy water.
- Rinse the filter well and then soak it in a solution of one part vinegar to three parts water for 30 minutes.
- Then again rinse the filter and then soak it in a solution of one part bleach to three parts water for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the filter one final time and then reinstall it in the ice machine.
- Run the ice machine for a few minutes to flush the system and ensure everything is working properly.
Following these tips, you can ensure that your ice machine water filter stays clean and functions properly.
How do I know if I need a water filter for my ice machine?
If your ice machine is not producing clear ice cubes, if the ice tastes bad, or if the machine is not working as well as it used to, you probably need a new filter.
A water filter will remove impurities from the water and make your ice taste better.
Where can you buy replacement filters?
Like Walmart, Sears, and home depot, most major retailers sell replacement water filters for ice machines.
You can also buy them online from websites like Amazon.com.
How do inline filters work?
Inline filters are designed to be attached directly to the faucet and filter the water as it comes out.
They are a great option for those who want filtered water on demand and don’t want to wait for a pitcher to filter it.
Inline filters filter water slower than pitchers or faucet-mounted filters. However, they are still an effective way to get filtered water.
Is the inline water filter good?
An inline water filter is a great way to remove impurities from your water and improve the taste of your ice.
This filter is easy to install and can be used with various water sources.
The best inline water filter is a great choice for anyone who wants to improve the taste of their water.
This filter will remove impurities and make your ice taste better. The best inline water filter is easy to install and can use various water sources.
So, if you are looking for a great way to improve the quality of your ice, the inline water filter is the way to go.
Inline water filters are a great option because they are easy to install and use with various water sources.
So, if you are looking for a great way to improve the taste of your ice, you need to select the best water filter for Ice machine.
Thanks for reading!