Did you know that you can lock the water dispenser on your KitchenAid refrigerator?
It is a handy feature to have if you have children in your household or if you want to make sure that no one accidentally drinks from the dispenser.
However, there is a way to unlock the KitchenAid refrigerator water dispenser without calling a technician.
Keep reading for instructions.
How Can I Unlock the Kitchenaid Water Refrigerator And Ice Maker Dispenser?
- The first step is to locate the lock switch on your Samsung refrigerator, which is at the top of the dispenser door.
- Next, press and hold the lock switch for several seconds until it moves into an unlocked position. You should be able to hear a click or snap when this happens.
- Once the switch is in the unlocked position, you can press the water or ice maker dispenser lever to dispense.
- Ensure to dispenser lock the switch again by pressing and holding it for several seconds until it moves into a closed position.
You should hear another click or snap when this happens.
- That’s it! You can easily lock and unlock your KitchenAid refrigerator’s water and ice production by following these simple steps.
Causes Of A Kitchenaid Refrigerator Not Dispensing Warm Water Or Crushed Ice Tray
Dispenser Control Lock Is On
The control lock feature on your Kitchen Aid fridge prevents accidental changes to the controls.
It can come in handy if you have small children in the home or are worried about someone changing the settings on your fridge without your knowledge.
If the controls lock on, it will prevent the water and ice tray production from working.
To turn off the control board lock pad, press and hold the Lock button on the control panel for 3 seconds.
Water Filter Is Clogged
If the cold water filter in your Kitchen Aidfridge is clogged, it can restrict the warm water flow to the dispenser.
To check if the water filter is clogged, remove and replace the filter.
Water Shut-Off Valve Is Closed
The water pressure shut-off valve locates behind your KitchenAid fridge. If this water valve is off, then no flow of water to the dispenser.
Look for a small lever on the pipe behind the fridge to check if the water valve is off. If the lever is in the “off” position, turn it to the “on” position.
The most common cause is that the control board and dispenser lock pad are on, preventing accidental changes to the control panel.
By troubleshooting the problem, you should be able to get your water dispenser LED light working again in no time.
Need to Replace Water Filter
If your water filter is clogged, it can restrict the rate of water flow to the dispenser.
To check if the water filter is clogged, remove and replace the filter.
You can find replacement water filters for your KitchenAid fridge online or in most home improvement stores.
Follow the instructions on the packaging to install the new filter, and you should be back up and running in no time.
Of course, if you have any questions about replacing your water filter, you can always consult a professional for help.
Water Inlet Malfunction
If the water inlet valve is not working correctly, it will prevent water pressure from flowing into the fridge and eventually to the dispenser.
Open the fridge and look for a minor plastic tab on the back wall to check if the water inlet is working.
This tab controls the rate of water flow pressure into the fridge. If you can’t see the account, or if it’s not in the “on” position, then the water inlet valve is not working correctly.
You’ll need to call a professional for appliance repair or replace the water inlet valve in most cases.
Water System Needs Flushing
The next possible cause of the refrigerator not dispensing water or ice cubes maker is that the water system needs to be flushed.
If the waterline has accumulated debris over time, it can affect water flow to the fridge and impair its functionality.
First, turn off your fridge’s water supply to flush your water system.
Then, disconnect the frozen water line from the wall and allow all water to drain out.
Finally, reconnect the frozen water line and turn on the water supply. Your fridge should now be able to dispense water or ice cubes properly.
If you’re having trouble flushing your water system, or if you don’t feel comfortable doing it yourself, you should contact a professional for help.
With a bit of troubleshooting, however, you should be able to get your fridge up and running again in no time.
Defective Door Switch
If the door to your fridge is not sealing correctly, it can prevent the refrigerator from dispensing water.
To check if the door alarm is sealing correctly, close it and pull it open from the side.
If you can easily open the door, it’s not sealing correctly and will need to be repaired or replaced.
In most cases, you’ll need to call a professional to fix a fridge door alarm that’s not sealing properly.
Dispenser Switch Failure
If the dispenser switch is not working correctly, it can prevent the fridge from dispensing water.
To check if the dispenser switch is working, press the water dispenser button.
If nothing happens, the dispenser switch is not working and will need to replace.
You’ll need to call a professional to replace the ice dispenser switch in most cases. However, if you’re feeling handy, you may be able to do it yourself.
Just make sure to have a replacement switch on hand before you begin.
How to Unlock the Keypad on a KitchenAid Superba
- Start by locating the keypad on your KitchenAid Superba refrigerator, typically located near the water and ice dispenser or ice cubes maker.
- Next, press and hold down the “CODE” button on your keypad for several seconds until a row of numbers appears across the display screen.
These numbers indicate which code you will need to enter to unlock the keypad.
- Use the arrow keys on your keypad to select the correct code for your refrigerator, and then press the “ENTER” button.
- Finally, press the “CODE” button again to exit the code entry mode and return to regular operation. We should now unlock your keypad and be ready for use!
Steps to Replace the Kitchenaid Refrigerator Water Filter
One of the first things you should do to unlock your KitchenAid refrigerator water dispenser is to change the water filter.
Here are a few simple steps.
- Start by locating the water filter inside your refrigerator, which should be next to the water dispenser.
The water filter is near the top or bottom of your fridge or directly behind the door.
- Once you have located the water filter, remove it from its housing and discard it.
It is important to note that there will usually be an indicator light on your KitchenAid refrigerator that will let you know when to replace your water filter.
So, this step may be unnecessary if you are following the recommended schedule for filter replacement.
- Next, take your new water filter and place it in the housing to securely position it into place.
Ensure that it inserts into the compartment before moving on to the next step.
- Once your new water filter after installed, close up any compartments or doors on your KitchenAid refrigerator, turn on the water dispenser, and enjoy clean, fresh-tasting water straight from your fridge!
Tips to Clean the Water Dispenser of KitchenAid Refrigerator
Cleaning the water dispenser on your KitchenAid refrigerator door is essential to prevent the buildup of bacteria and contaminants.
Here are some steps:
- Unplug your refrigerator door from the power outlet.
- Remove the crushed ice bin from the freezer compartment.
- Locate the water filter housing, typically located near the top of the fridge near the back.
- Use a Phillips head screwdriver to remove the screws that hold the housing in place.
- Carefully pull out the water filter, being careful not to spill any water that may be inside it.
- Rinse out the housing with clean water.
- Insert the water filter into the housing and screw it.
- Plug your fridge back in and wait for the water dispenser to start working again.
Why Is The KitchenAid Water Dispenser Making A Loud Noise?
If you are experiencing a loud noise coming from your KitchenAid water dispenser, there may be several different causes for this issue.
Some possible reasons include issues with the water supply line, clogs in the tubing system, or problems with the filter.
To unlock your KitchenAid dispenser, it is essential to check the water supply line to be securely connected to your refrigerator back.
If you find any kinks or leaks in the line, you should replace them with a new, high-quality hose.
Additionally, suppose you suspect that some clogging may occur inside your water dispenser system.
In that case, you can try gently flushing it out by running some hot water through the dispenser tap.
It can help dislodge any debris or blockages accumulated in the tubing over time.
Finally, if you are still experiencing problems with your water dispenser after taking these steps, you may need to replace your refrigerator’s filter.
It is a simple process, and most filters can be easily replaced by following the instructions in your refrigerator’s user manual.
We hope this guide helped teach you how to unlock your KitchenAid refrigerator water dispenser.
If you are still having problems with your water dispenser, you can always consult your refrigerator’s user manual or contact customer service for assistance.
Thanks for reading!